Thank you for your interest! Please check your email inbox for a message from Membership@SeniorPlanet.org explaining next steps to becoming a member of Senior Planet.
Remember: you don’t have to be a member to take classes, attend lectures and workshops, or use the Senior Planet Center space. All older adults 60 years and older are warmly welcomed to participate in Senior Planet programming for free. To learn how to take a course near you, visit https://seniorplanet.org/locations/. However, if you are interested in deepening your Senior Planet experience and supporting our effort to provide free technology classes to older adults across the nation, then membership is for you.
More Details on Membership:
- Embrace Senior Planet’s shared values of striving to be optimistic, curious, aware, motivated, visible, confident, focused, future-oriented, expressive, present, engaged, resilient … and imperfect.
- Provide basic information about yourself, which we will not share with any outside entities: Name, Address, Phone, Email, Birthdate.
- Make an annual contribution to OATS. There is no minimum donation. Really! Any amount works.
- Participate in at least one volunteer activity per year (event staffing, phone companionship, writing a representative, phone banking, outreach). Any way you want to contribute works!
- Observe community norms of respect.
- Give feedback on your Senior Planet experience.
- Members receive enrollment packets and welcome letters.
- Free quarterly “Impact Reports” on how Senior Planet is changing the way we age.
- Free annual “Technology Review” on the state of technology and aging.
- Invitations to special events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I participate in Senior Planet programming without becoming a member?
Yes! While we encourage everyone to become a Senior Planet member, people who are not yet members are welcome to participate in Senior Planet classes and lectures or to use our Senior Planet spaces. Other special benefits are reserved for members, however.
If I’m already a member do I need to sign up again? What if I’m not sure if I’m a member?
If you are already a member you do not need to sign up again. Not sure if you’re a member or not? Contact Membership@SeniorPlanet.org or call 917-863-4658 to confirm your membership status.
If I’m already a member do I need to make a donation to receive the additional benefits like the Annual Tech Review?
Yes! Please make your annual donation here. Donations of any size are welcome. If you have already made ANY donation to Senior Planet in the past year, that will automatically count as your annual membership donation. To confirm receipt of your donation email Membership@SeniorPlanet.org.
When should I make my annual donation?
While we are happy to accept donations year round, we will reach out to members on the anniversary of becoming a Senior Planet member to request your annual donation.
Do I have to donate online?
If you want to donate online, go ahead! You can donate online by clicking here. Or you can make your contribution by sending in cash or a check to this location:
Older Adults Technology Services
168 7th St. Suite 3A
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Can I sign up to be a member in person?
Yes! You can sign up to be a member at any of our Senior Planet Centers. To find the location nearest to you, visit the Our Locations page.
What do we mean by “norms of respect”?
At Senior Planet we encourage candid and thought-provoking dialogue, however, as members we do not permit hate speech or intolerance. Being rude is never cool. We reserve the right to revoke membership status and privileges of anyone who does not meet our norms of respect.
What qualifies as a volunteer activity?
Members give back to Senior Planet in all sorts of ways: staffing an event, calling your elected representatives encouraging them to fund Senior Planet, handing out Senior Planet fliers or calling a fellow member dealing with isolation or loneliness. There are unlimited ways to give back to the Senior Planet community!
How much should I give?
Active members report that Senior Planet has changed their lives, and give as much as they are willing and able to. There is no minimum amount for annual or recurring donations- you can give us a dollar or you can give us $1,000! Click here to see other ways to give to Senior Planet.
I have more questions! Whom do I contact?
For any other questions, please reach out to our Membership & Advocacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-863-4658.