Senior Planet Supporters: The Details
This Supporter Model Is Different, We Know. But So Are We.
Considering becoming a Senior Planet Supporter? Hear why other Supporters across the nation support Senior Planet:
“I get asked by a lot of organizations to give, but Senior Planet is always the first group I give to because it’s a community that gives people practical solutions to fix big problems. I always feel welcome there and I never hesitate to ask a ‘dumb question’!” — Nobu, Senior Planet Supporter
“I love the feeling of inclusion, it just makes me happy! Everyone at Senior Planet is always upbeat while also setting high standards for themselves and for us. I also volunteer with Senior Planet because I want to help people.” — Barbara, Senior Planet Volunteer and Supporter
“All of the articles and livestream events means that I can learn from and engage with Senior Planet fully, even though I don’t live close to a physical location where I can take a class. I love that and I want to support the program so other older adults can also connect online!” — Robert, Senior Planet Supporter
Aged 60 or older
- Embrace Senior Planet’s shared values of striving to be optimistic, curious, aware, motivated, visible, confident, focused, future-oriented, expressive, present, engaged, resilient … and imperfect.
- Provide basic information about yourself, which we will not share with any outside entities: Name, Address, Phone, Email, Birthdate.
- Make an annual contribution to OATS. There is no minimum donation. Really! Any amount works.
- Participate in at least one volunteer activity per year (event staffing, phone companionship, writing a representative, phone banking, outreach). Any way you want to contribute works!
- Observe community norms of respect.
- Give feedback on your Senior Planet experience.
- Supporters receive enrollment packets and welcome letters.
- Free quarterly “Impact Reports” on how Senior Planet is changing the way we age.
- Free annual “Technology Review” on the state of technology and aging.
- Invitations to special events.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I participate in Senior Planet programming without becoming a Supporter?
Yes! While we encourage everyone to become a Senior Planet Supporter, people who are not yet Supporters are welcome to participate in Senior Planet classes and lectures or to use our Senior Planet spaces. Other special benefits are reserved for Supporters, however.
How do I confirm if I’m already a Supporter or not?
Contact email@example.com or call 718-360-1707 to confirm your Supporter status.
When should I make my annual donation?
While we are happy to accept donations year round, we will reach out to Supporters on the anniversary of becoming a Senior Planet Supporter to request your annual donation.
Do I have to donate online?
If you want to donate online, go ahead! You can donate online by clicking here. Or you can make your contribution by sending in cash or a check to this location:
Older Adults Technology Services
168 7th St. Suite 3A
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Can I sign up to be a Supporter in person?
Yes! You can sign up to be a Supporter at any of our Senior Planet Centers. To find the location nearest to you, visit the Our Locations page.
What do we mean by “norms of respect”?
At Senior Planet we encourage candid and thought-provoking dialogue, however, as Supporters we do not permit hate speech or intolerance. Being rude is never cool. We reserve the right to revoke Supporter status and privileges of anyone who does not meet our norms of respect.
What qualifies as a volunteer activity?
Supporters give back to Senior Planet in all sorts of ways: filling out feedback surveys, staffing an event, calling your elected representatives encouraging them to fund Senior Planet, handing out Senior Planet fliers or calling a fellow participant dealing with isolation or loneliness. There are unlimited ways to give back to the Senior Planet community! We send out volunteer opportunities at least once a quarter to Supporters.
How much should I give?
Active Supporters report that Senior Planet has changed their lives, and give as much as they are willing and able to. There is no minimum amount for annual or recurring donations- you can give us a dollar or you can give us $1,000! Click here to see other ways to give to Senior Planet.
I have more questions! Whom do I contact?
For any other questions, please reach out to our Community & Advocacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-863-4658.