- This event has passed.
Aging Well…Informed and Engaged Symposium
(Hybrid Event: Join In-Person or Online)
Date & Time
9:00AM ET / 8:00AM CT / 7:00AM MT / 6:00AM PT
Online or In-Person at AACOG
2700 NE Interstate 410 Loop Suite 101
San Antonio, TX 78217 United States
The South Texas APS Community Board and Silver Sabbath Committee are joining forces to host a symposium bringing together a variety of experts in the aging service(s) along with presenters from the faith-based community who will share their wisdom, and insight and provide networking opportunities.
Aging Well…Informed and Engaged Symposium will be an opportunity to learn how planning, active participation, and making the right connections all play an important role in remaining safely engaged in communities as we age. Participation in the Symposium will provide everyone the opportunity to learn more about evolving issues and concerns related to aging in San Antonio.
Attendees will learn more about:
- How San Antonio is streamlining the abundant resources available so that everyone can successfully age
- Essential legal resources available in our community
- The prevention of elder abuse and fraud by taking some proactive steps to safeguard ourselves
- The Significance of Faith in Positive Aging for Older Adults
- 4 hours of continuing education credits are available
Discover our top pick of topics and speakers:
- Jane Paccione, Managing Director of Collective Impact
- Alexandra Tragos, Catholic Charities Caritas Legal Program
- Sandra Aviles, Alamo Area Council of Governments
- Tammy Ramos, Vice President/Manager | Training Department IBC Bank
- Joe Ramos, BSA Compliance Director | Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union
- Pastor Sean Metcalf, Community Bible Church
- Rev. Melvin Lee, Mt. Zion First Baptist Church
Register to Attend In-Person at AACOG
Register to Attend Virtually on Zoom
4 Hours of Continuing Education Credit Is Available for Professional Attendees
To register for CEC, call the office of Byron Cordes at Sage Care Management: 210-492-1224 or email: email@example.com
- Social Work and Nursing Continuing Education Units/Hours have been applied for. Sage Care Management is approved as a provider for continuing education by the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners and by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Other Professions: This seminar may qualify for continuing education/contact hours as required by many national, state and local licensing boards or professional organizations. Sage Care Management will provide a Certificate of Attendance. Save with your course outline and contact your own board or organization for specific filing requirements.