- This event has passed.
Dementia 101- Lunch & Learn
Date & Time
1:30PM ET / 12:30PM CT / 11:30AM MT / 10:30AM PT
Online / By Phone
Join our guest speaker from Dementia Friendly Denver! Dementia Friendly Denver is an affiliate of Dementia Friendly America, a not for profit, volunteer based initiative announced at the White House Conference on Aging in 2015. Our mission is to make communities across the nation more dementia friendly, reduce dementia stigma, and improve the quality of life for those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and their family care partners. Dementia Friendly Denver offers a free one hour dementia education program at no cost to government, business, academic, community and faith groups throughout the Denver area.
- What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the most common types of dementia?
- What are the warning signs for dementia?
- Cognitive issues might not be dementia
- How to get a dementia diagnosis
- Dementia communication, interaction and behavior tips
- Caregiver challenges and self-care Community resources available
- How we can make communities more dementia friendly
- The latest promising research updates 16 things you can do at any age to reduce dementia risk or delay onset
Click or tap to join this class by Zoom:
Call in by phone:
Meeting ID: 165 218 752