Are you aging with attitude? Do you have a driving passion that defines you? Are you using social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr – to let the world know what you care about? Know anyone who fits the bill, if you don’t?
An LA-based casting agency is looking for one or more seniors age 65-plus to be the subjects in a series of short web documentaries for a major consumer electronics brand.
The casting agency especially liked Grandma Betty and Lynne & Tim Martin, who we’ve profiled on Senior Planet; they’re seniors who have unique stories and driving passions. If you’ve gone back to school to pursue a subject you find fascinating or are building new adventures in some other way, you might fit the bill, too – especially if you share your experiences online through social channels.
Any seniors who are cast will be compensated and receive exposure for themselves or their causes.
Interested? Here are the details.
Auditions will be held in LA, NYC and Chicago. If you live someplace else, you’ll be able to do a Skype interview, and if necessary you’ll get help setting up Skype.
How to apply
Tell your story in one of two ways:
1. Make a YouTube video of yourself and email the link (see below). Your 3 – 5 minute video should include:
- Your name and the city you live in
- A verbal description of what you do, why you do it and how long you’ve been doing it
- Video or photos of what you do (including any footage of press, media or accolades you’ve received).
2. Write an email that includes your name, your contact information, a picture of yourself, which city you live in, and a verbal description of what you do, why you do it and how long you’ve been at it. Include links to any social media sites such as Facebook, Flickr or Instagram, that chronicle your passion and any press or accolades you’ve received.
Whichever method you choose, send your email by September
8 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the casting agency feels you may be a good fit, they’ll contact you.
Let us know in the comments section below if you plan to apply – then keep us posted!