Questions? Call our dedicated help hotline: 920-666-1959
OATS & Senior Planet are excited to offer this free 6-week online course and resources for caregivers age 60+ and recipients of care to help navigate and understand the digital world. This course is part of a CDC Foundation project, utilizing donor funds from the flexible COVID-19 Response Fund, and designed to help older adult caregivers and recipients of care during the pandemic and beyond.
This virtual course was designed specifically for older adult caregivers age 60+ and recipients of care. The course will meet twice per week over Zoom for 75 minutes. Training sessions will demonstrate how digital tools and platforms make everyday tasks easier and can be used to improve your physical and mental well-being. By the end of the 6-week course, you will be able to:
- Use Zoom to attend events (and class!) virtually
- Understand best practices for navigating the internet safely
- Explore a demo banking website and appreciate the benefits of online banking
- Order groceries online and have them delivered to your home
- Recognize the benefits of telemedicine and home delivery for prescription medicines
- Use messaging apps to stay in touch with friends and family anywhere in the world
The current session is full.
Zoom Audio and Video Controls
Zoom Meeting Controls
Joining a Zoom Meeting from a Mobile Device
Joining a Zoom Meeting from a Web Browser
Sign up for Gmail
Download an App (iOS)
Download an App (Android)
For more resources, visit the CDC website for caregivers here.